Recipe by Culinary Kids
Yields: 10-12 servings
- 1⁄2 cup tightly packed cilantro
- 1 cup tightly packed spinach
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Wash spinach and cilantro.
- Add cilantro, spinach, and chicken broth to a blender and blend until pureed.
- Add milk and salt and blend until well combined.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. When butter is melted add rice and saute until brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir constantly. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add cilantro-spinach mix, and garlic salt, and stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to low. Be careful that your lid does not become stuck to the pot; leave a small gap for air.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Take pan off heat and let rice steam in the covered pan for 10 minutes.
Culinary Kids is a kids’ cooking class provider in California. In Culinary Kids’ classes children between the ages of 5 and 13 create theme-based snacks and meals to share with family and friends. Through the core values of teamwork, independence, and learning, the Culinary Kids Vision is to empower children to be lifelong learners by developing confidence through shared experiences and mutual encouragement.