27-Piece Foundation Set
A great gift for kids who love to cook! The 27-Piece Foundation Set from Curious Chef® provides the perfect starter cooking gift for your aspiring chef.
203 in stock
This is the perfect starter set for your budding chef. The Curious Chef® 27-Piece Foundation Set offers a wide variety of cooking tools designed specifically for little hands and child safety in mind.
The set includes a child-sized chef’s hat, yellow and orange apron and two oven mitts; a 3-quart mixing bowl; kitchen timer; 6-piece measuring cup and 6-piece measuring spoon sets; large poly mixing spoon; non-stick rolling pin; whisk; silicone spatula; pastry brush; nylon cookie turner; and a bear, flower, and butterfly cookie cutter. This is a great creative gift for kids who want to help in the kitchen with real (child-safe) cooking tools!
All items are ergonomically designed for children and feature soft touch button grips and contoured handles.
- 100% Cotton Apron Dimensions: 22.75″ L x 19.5″ W featuring Adjustable Straps, and machine washable
- 6-piece measuring cup set: 1 cup, 3/4, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/8
- 6-piece measuring spoon set: 1 tbsp and 1/2; 1 tsp, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8
- 60 minute kitchen timer features easy to read numbers
- 3-quart bowl includes a snap-on cover with removable cap and non-skid bottom
- 3 cookie cutters have soft-touch grips
- Dishwasher safe (except for the kitchen timer) and BPA free
- Appropriate for children ages 4+
Rolling Out Dough
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lightly flour it. Equally divide dough into four quarters, roll into balls and place 1 ball on wax paper. Lightly flour rolling pin, roll out dough ball until it’s 1/8 inch thick. Lightly sprinkle top of dough with flour. Repeat steps until all dough is rolled out.
Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl. Begin to whip the cream quickly in a circular motion in one direction. Keep whipping quickly to add air to the mixture, thickening the whipping cream. Once finished immediately use to decorate your goodies!
1, 2, 3 Conversions
1/16 teaspoon = a pinch
1/8 teaspoon = a dash
1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons
1/3 cup = 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon
1/2 cup = 8 tablespoons
3/4 cup = 12 tablespoons
1 cup = 16 tablespoons
Mix it up
Show your child how to stir foods and ingredients with the bowl lid on for no mess and easy clean up. Plus, use the removable cap as a spoon rest while prepping.